Terms & Conditions
We are happy to refund or exchange any unopened, undamaged and unexpired contact lenses within 30 days of purchase. Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on made to order lenses.
The return cost for shipping is free, within the state of Kuwait. International returns must be sent as a tracked package and the transportation cost must be paid by the customer unless stated by Waleed Optics otherwise.
To initiate a return, please contact our customer service team who will be delighted to help you with the process, our customer service team are available 24/7 at firstname.lastname@example.org or +965 25732987 during our official business hours.
Terms and Conditions
Central Plaza, Salem Al Mubarak Street, 4th Floor, Kuwait, Kuwait City ('Seller')
Last updated: 2nd June 2019
- Validity of the General Conditions
All our offers, products and services are based exclusively on the following General Terms and Conditions, even when accessed from outside Kuwait.
Terms and Conditions that deviate from or are contrary to these General Terms and Conditions will not be recognized by the seller and shall not apply.
- Conclusion of Agreement
- All goods displayed on dahabcontactlenses.com (the 'website') including prices quoted are non-binding and subject to change. Upon customer request, we have integrated each customer countries taxes into the website dahabcontactlenses.com.
- Despite our greatest care not to do so, we are permitted and retain the right to make mistakes, such as typing errors, technical or color deviations and/or price modifications. We are entitled to contest the declaration of acceptance as defined in clause 2.4 of this agreement in all such cases.
- Once you (the “CustomeBuyer”) have ordered any of our products, you are legally bound to these terms and conditions and have made an offer to buy the goods ordered.
- This (“Agreement”) becomes officially effective as soon as you have received our confirmation of your order.
- If the agreement has been entered into, but we are unable to deliver the ordered articles within the foreseeable future despite congruent hedging transactions, we reserve the right to withdraw from the agreement. If we should establish that delivery of goods may be delayed for an unforeseeable amount of time, we will advise you of this fact and refund any payments already made by you.
- Reservation of Ownership
- All goods shall remain dahabcontactlenses.com property until all your contractual obligations towards us have been fulfilled.
- If you behave in any manner contrary to the terms of this agreement whatsoever, particularly by delaying payment, or by breach of agreement as stated in clause 1, we may without prejudice to our other rights, demand the immediate return of our property.
- Placing an Order
- If any goods ordered are not available, dahabcontactlenses.com may offer you substitute products of equivalent quality and price. If we are unable to offer substitutes or you do not agree to accept such substitutes dahabcontactlenses.com shall reimburse your payment within 10 days of the date dahabcontactlenses.com receives your order.
- You can view the request a status of your order by e-mailing us directly on email@example.com
- You confirm that to your acknowledgement, the contact lenses you order are of the correct power and desired color.
- Delivery, Shipping and Passing of Risk
- When you have submitted an order, you will receive an email from us acknowledging that we have received your order and confirming the details of your order, including the full shipping address and your order number. Once the order is ready to be dispatched, you will receive a shipment confirmation email with tracking number.
- We provide worldwide shipping and are not held accountable for incorrect address entry upon ordering or at registration. To request a change of delivery address after placing and order, kindly contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or at any of the number available at http://www.dahabcontactlenses.com/global/contacts/
- Depending upon availability, all goods are dispatched as soon as possible. Should the requested item be out of stock, we will ensure that it is delivered as soon as possible (depending on the availability of the goods in stock). Each delivery is accepted under reserve that we will be supplied in due time and form. Delivery time for custom or special orders may take up to 4-6 weeks.
- Any delivery dates or periods agreed upon as legally binding must be made in writing.
- In case of goods that cannot be delivered for reasons beyond our control, we will deem the agreement as having been fulfilled, if the items have been provided and the buyer notified. Delays due to cases of force majeure, disruption of transport or operative failures, strikes, shortage of raw materials and such like can lead to a reasonable extension of the delivery time. If delays continue beyond 4 weeks after conclusion of the agreement, then each party is legally entitled to withdraw from this agreement.
- We are entitled to carry out partial deliveries at our own cost for any ordered items that are out of stock, in as far as this is deemed reasonable for the buyer.
- Dahabcontactlenses.com shall not bear the risk of any damage, theft or loss of items during transport to the delivery address. This risk will be passed to the customer the moment he/she receives the delivery. Upon delivery the customer should inspect the items to check for damage. If there is any damage, the product should not be used and should instead return them as set out in the Returns Policy.
- Information Concerning the Exercise of the Right of Withdrawal
- You have the right to withdraw from this agreement within 14 days without giving any reason.
To exercise the right of withdrawal, you must inform us:
Waleed Optics, Central Plaza, Salem Al Mubarak Street, 4th Floor,
Office 18, Salmiya, Kuwait
+965 25732987 or 25739397
- In case of delivery of contact lenses and care products the consumer loses his right of withdrawal when unsealing the product.
- Once we have received the returned merchandise in sealed condition, we will refund the original purchase, minus any outstanding payments the customer may owe us.
- The customer will be responsible to pay for trackable shipment for return shipments. We reserve the right to charge for freight costs for the return shipment in case it is paid for by us.
- In case of loss of a return shipment without tracking information, Waleed Optics shall be free of any claim for the unsuccessful transportation of the returned products.
- Shipping Costs of Cancelled Merchandise
- The customer will be liable for the shipping costs of any unsuccessful delivery up to a maximum amount of 40 USD.
- Should the delivered merchandise be defective or its warranted qualities flawed, or should it develop defects within the warranty period as a result of poor materials or faulty manufacturing, then we will either repair the items or provide you with a replacement of the same exact item including prescription power as ordered according to the order confirmation will be provided after receiving a valid report from the courier company. We are permitted to make multiple reparations.
- The warranty period begins with the date of delivery. Any damage must be reported within 10 days from the delivery of the item.
- All claims must be made in writing (email: email@example.com, fax or letter) and any defects communicated to us without delay as soon as they become apparent.
- Upon discovery of any obvious deficiencies, and in order to prevent any further deterioration of the merchandise, you are obliged to inform us immediately. Failure to notify us of defects in good time will have no influence on our existing scope of warranty. Defective merchandise must be returned to us for inspection in the same condition at the time that it was discovered as being faulty.
- Limitation of Liability
- We are exempt from being held liable for minor negligent breaches of duty as well as bodily injury incurred during the wearing or insertion or removal of provided contact lenses, if they do not result in death, or any breach of the statutory implied terms as to title of goods or claims according to the Product Liability Act. Furthermore, legal liability for breach of duties, which enables us to fulfil this agreement in the first place and in which the customer is entitled to trust, remains unaffected. We accept no liability for incorrect use or improper handling of contact lenses supplied by Waleed Optics.
- We reserve the right to specify which form of payment you may use. This applies in particular, to customers ordering for the first time, or orders where we have been unable to establish the buyer’s credit rating.
- We are entitled to initially offset any payments you make against any outstanding claims you may still have.
- For your part, you are only allowed to set-off costs, if your counterclaim is uncontested or has been established as legally effective or expressly acknowledged in writing by us. You can only exercise your right of retention if your claim has resulted from the same contractual agreement.
- You can choose the following methods of payment in accordance with clause 10.1:
- Credit card: VISA or Mastercard or American Express or Discovery Card
- PayPal – You can choose to pay using your PayPal account. Currency conversion fees may apply. For more information please visit www.paypal.com
- Payment on delivery / Cash on delivery. Limited to orders within Kuwait only.
- Payments by credit card will be debited from your account after the declaration of acceptance has been transmitted.
- Data Protection
- All personal data will be handled confidentially in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. Detailed information can be found on our website (dahabcontactlenses.com).
- Specific Information Regarding the Purchase of Contact Lenses
When ordering please pay special attention to the following information, as we only deliver contact lenses under the following conditions:
- The contact lens specification transmitted in your order is valid and corresponds to the most recent fitting carried out by a registered optician or ophthalmic medical practitioner and is no more than one year old. Optimal use of contact lenses is assured if the wearer is familiar with the care and handling of contact lenses and regularly takes part in the necessary ophthalmological examinations, in order to prevent any damage to his or her eyes.
- We explicitly request that contact lens wearers should have their eyes examined at least every six months. If the wearer has changed their brand, he or she should have the fit checked carefully by an ophthalmologist or a contact lens specialist. Regarding risks and side effects, please consult an ophthalmologist or contact lens specialist and make sure you read the information enclosed in the package.
- Merchandise is delivered in the manufacturer’s original, unopened factory packaging. The stated shelf-life of contact lenses is based on the average amount of time that they would be worn. In order ensure good health of your eyes, we suggest that the recommended wearing period must not be exceeded. Should you develop any form of ocular irritation, please remove the contact lenses immediately and contact an ophthalmologist or eye specialist.
- Place of fulfilment
- The place of fulfilment is the head office of Waleed Optics. The law of the State of Kuwait applies exclusively to all legal relationships between the seller and the buyer and excludes the UN Sales Law.
- Place of Jurisdiction, Severability Clause
- If a buyer is a trader as defined by the Kuwaiti commercial law, a legal entity under public law or a special fund under public law. Then the seller’s place of business shall be the agreed place of jurisdiction. The same applies if the customer has no general place of jurisdiction or no fixed residence in the state of Kuwait, or if his or her usual domicile is unknown at the time of filing an action.
- If any of the provisions of this agreement become invalid or are declared null and void, then this will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions, which shall remain in full force and effect. Invalid or unenforceable provisions will be replaced by valid, enforceable provisions that most closely match the intent of the original provisions.
We hope this has answered all open questions about purchasing any products from dahabcontactlenses.com
If you have any comments or concerns about material which appears on our Website, please contact us:
Waleed Optics, Central Plaza, Salem Al Mubarak Street, 4th Floor, Office 18, Salmiya, Kuwait
(+965) 25732987 or 25739397